Monday, April 22, 2013

Peru-Argentina-Chile

We have finally finished school and classes! I received GREAT grades and I could not be happier with them and everything that I learned. After a group of my friends from here left it is now only me and Danielle Bartels living here fearlessly until May 8th. We are currently getting ready to leave today at 6pm for Buenos Aires, Argentina and Santiago, Chile :) I am so excited to go and explore with her and her father from Nebraska. This weekend I went with my family to a movie and to their camp grounds :) They belong to a club that is kind of like a forest and there they camp like we do and not on the beach! It was nice to walk around there and have a barbecue and play games. The weather here is amazing right now because it is not hot at all but then it is not cold. It is my favorite type of weather where you can wear shorts and a sweatshirt! But winding down and having this be my last couple days in Lima I am very sad. I can not wait to go home and then I wish I was staying here as well. I am torn but in the end its bittersweet. Also this weekend I got to go with my family to the other zoo that they have here! It was in Huachipa Peru and it was very interesting. It was in an interesting part of Lima because the area around it was full of open side restaurants that had women singing and dancing for entertainment. They were dressed in fluffy skirts with a lot of sparkly decorations! The animals that they have at the zoo are really cool and a ton of them I had never seen before. It is very interesting because they have deer in their zoo as an exhibit. It is weird because we are used to seeing deer everyday and for them it is something interesting and weird to look at. Also they have peacocks in a cage as well while we just have them running and walking around our zoo. Also at the zoo I had my new favorite ice-cream that I am going to miss dearly when I leave Peru. It is called PRINCESA and it tastes like peanut butter which I have missed dearly from being here! But I think this will be my last post until I get back from Chile :) Thanks everyone for reading and I will see you all soon in NEBRASKA!!! :) Chau Chau. 

No comments:

Post a Comment