Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Donde está el tiempo!!

These last few days in Lima have been stressful and as always packed with fun. This last weekend we went out to celebrate with some of our new friends for their birthdays and it was a very fun time. We danced all night and took great pictures! On sunday I went to church with my mom and dad and then later that night went out to a movie with my family. We went to G.I Joe 2 and it was a very good movie! After we came home and had lunch and it was Papa Johns, very refreshing to taste Nebraska sometimes. This week has been extremely difficult due to my computer crashing, having all of my assignments for finals. FAIL. Yesterday I had the longest day because we got up and went to our Colegio Pio X11 to help and talk to the high-school students (which all look like they are five but in reality are 17 and 18) and help them with their english! It went from 10 until around 1:00. We helped them create a Peru and Nebraska commercial and it was all in English which was also fun. After we took a snack that they gave us and we had empanadas and Inca Cola. From there we got taken back to the school and had to go to a final in 30 min. that was at 1:45. Took the final and I did not get out of it until 3:45. We had a 3 hour conversation class at 4:00 until 7:00 so I went to that class following the final. My brain was gone and when I got home I finally got to eat lunch at 7:15. Days are always packed here with things to do and homework that needs to be done or volunteering that we have. We have so much going on the time went too fast for me! While I am still awaiting my computer to arrive let me explain that process. I had no idea how much I would appreciate the states and their ways of doing things because I love Peru, I do, but sometimes there ways of doing things takes to long...Went to their apple store that was at a mall. Arrived and they were supposed to open at 11:00 but they did not get open until 11:45 because they were painting inside. Once they opened and we went inside I asked for someone who knew English and no one did but they understood me enough to take me to the back. Waited in a line for around 30 minutes because the men that were supposed to be helping us were messing around in the storage room. While waiting we were all getting high from the paint fumes and sweating because their air conditioning was not working. Finally when I got up to the counter all I wanted was to be angry and talk in English and at that point I am glad I couldn't. I simply explained very calmly what was wrong and eventually we figured it out. For all of this I dragged my poor friend Danielle with me and she waited with me and helped me. Love her for that. And as we sum up these last few weeks I have started getting very sad. It is sad to think that I may never see these people, families, and friends ever again. I want to make a point to keep in touch with everyone because to me they are my second family. And I have grown to love these places :) GOING TO MISS IT !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment