Monday, February 4, 2013

Camping a la playa!!

Que bueno! Que lindo! Que gracioso no?
Loving the spanish language. Even though at times I like to rethink what on earth am I doing here, I honestly enjoy everything about Peru. This weekend I got a full ear full of spanish because I was with my family, my cousin and my sisters friend camping a la playa! It was an amazing experience. We arrived there and set up our tents just like you do if you were en un bosque, and then we unpacked all our stuff! We got settled in and my father started making us some hamburgers for dinner! 
Friday night my sister, Natalia ( her friend) and I got ready and went out to the clubs near the beach we were camping at. First we went to her friends house where they had an outdoor pool! ( soo cool, looked like the ones that fall out over the edge!) We then went as a big group out to the club strip. They had a bunch of little places to go and dance and eat and it was all outdoors! We stayed out till 5-am and then we all took a charter bus shuttle back to the beach and went to sleep right away.
 We were in the tent and I only slept for about 4 hours until I started getting hot from the sun. We all woke up about the same time and we grabbed our pareos, laid them down on the sand under shade, grabbed our pillows and slept some more outside. It was definitely something I could get use to- falling asleep to the sound of the ocean. After there was not a lot of breeze and the sun was getting hotter we were forced to wake up. My dad made us cheese sandwiches for breakfast and then we changed and fell asleep by la piscina. We took lunch at Del Abuelos where me and my sister had hawiana pizza! My cousin joined us in the night and we had a BBQ with chorizo y hamburgers and a little bonfire. My family had never heard of SMORES before so I went and bought some supplies at the mini market in the beach and I taught them how to make them. They loved them which was good and they thought it was the weirdest combination. How? I have no idea because sometimes I wonder in my head how they come up with some of their creations. Always good though :) 
Mi cousin! Making us a bonfire for SMORES
By sunday I didnt think it was possible to listen or try to comprehend anymore spanish. It was SUPERBOWL sunday and when I got home and showered I watched the game. . . in spanish none-the-less. It was a great way to end my weekend though and I cant wait for more adventures. Spanish is slowly creeping in my brain at all times. When I am talking to my friends I forget english words and im constantly making words and phrases in my head. Scary but interesting haha. 
Pueesssssss..........buenas noches! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment