Monday, February 18, 2013

Perú el Zoologico !






After a long week at school I decided to take a more relaxed weekend at home, it was amazing. Friday I got up early and went to the Zoo!! I didn't know what to expect but when we arrived we got trampled by mobs of people trying to sell us umbrellas and hats due to the sun! We entered and started walking around. They had lots of play areas for kids, penguinis, a ton of monos (monkeys), birds, and tigers. We walked through a tree/plant garden which was interesting, and also a fake "selva" jungle. It was exciting to see the fake selva because it got me excited to see the Amazon when we go this march!! I think my favorite part was when we got to see a huge lake of lily pads. It was so pretty and we walked along it and looked at different animals and baby monkeys! They had huge bamboo trees all throughout and on them people wrote their names and who they loved, I thought it was cute so I wrote an L.. for myself hah. We walked through the whole zoo, smaller then ours but still pretty big, and we were exhausted. I went and had lunch at home and then went to mass that evening with my family! I also didn't no what to expect for this either! When we walked up they didn't have doors, so people can go and leave as they please. It was   more relaxed then our churches in Estados Unidos porque all the people dress down more here. My dad said people here can wear swim-trunks and it will be okay to wear. Crazy! Mass started and everything, that I could understand, was in the same order so that was nice! They had fun music with tambourines, bells, and drums and it sounded very pretty in español! They take confession before being able to receive the Body of Christ which I thought was interesting, but also kind of neat. We made the sign of peace, and here they hug and kiss on the cheek which is also what we kind of do! When it was time to receive the host, they do not wait here to go row by row but instead everyone that  wants/has had confession, stands and just gets in lines! After mass was over my mom took me to the front because after the priest uses holy water and sprays you with it and puts it in your hands if you hold them out. 
We did this and while we were leaving the group still
there was singing feliz cumpleaños to the priest! It was quite an experience. On saturday I went running and site seeing with my parents and ate a really nice restaurant, and Sunday I went to the beach :) I love when we go because it is so relaxing and getting a tan is never bad :) After the beach we had a big dinner at the best sushi place I have ever eaten at. I can sadly say it was better then BLUE. For 45S we got a buffet of sushi and ate and ordered all different kinds until we couldn't move. It was heaven and really good because it was sushi with all different kinds of Peruvian sauces. I will be going back there for sure! This week is going to be really exciting and really busy because this thursday were going off to CUSCO!! I can not wait....Write more this week :) Hasta la proxima vez! 

No comments:

Post a Comment