Friday, February 22, 2013

Never waiting for más adventure!

Kidnappings in Cuzco...no bueño. :( I was so sad that we were not going to Cuzco this weekend but I have discovered other fun things to do around Lima that I was not sad for long ! We were done with classes early this week and decided to go hang out after class Wednesday in Mira Flores with our companeros de conversacion! We passed by a very pretty park area where they have a bunch of chess tables! It was really cool looking and reminded me of the movies :) We took a snack and drink at this famous place called La Lucha-it was an outside restaurant! After we went to this place called Huaringas for a drink and it was in a cool house, tons of stairs and levels, and we went all the way into the attic. It was decorated very neat and had great drinks! The next day we all decided to go check out las tiendas that we would have seen in Cuzco. We went and shopped all around and I bought a couple things which was good because everything was so cheap! Later that evening I made my family lonche!! It was a mad mess going to the store and trying to find these items to make my food. The store was huge and when I tried to explain I needed chocolate chips and butterscoth chips....well it was a lost cause after awhile. I made it work though with different ingredients and thankfully it worked just fine!  They wanted an American snack and so I prepared Little Smokies, Scotcharooes, and Deviled Eggs! I was surprised but they loved all of it and thought it was all really weird until they tried it. Tonight I am very excited, Me and some of our Peruvian friends and american friends are going to go to a Carnaval Dance :) It should be a lot of fun and I can not wait. I will write more when this never ending weekend...ends. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment