Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Un Carnaval de Pintura!!

Friday, 22 of February some of our friends and our conversations partners went to a paint carnival down in Lima! It was amazing and very interesting to experience. We arrived there and waited in line and payed 15S to get in. Once we arrived we made our way up to the front of the stage and started dancing and having fun! There was un monton of people there and it was very hot for awhile. They played a lot of fun songs and old ones, some in spanish and some in ingles. Songs from the Backstreet Boys, Mariah Carey, and many others! After awhile of dancing men in white outfits came on stage with paint guns. They started spraying the crowd with all different colors or neon paints. I was not paying attention to what was happening until after the paints were in my mouth and my eyes. Was not prepared for that but after it was so funny to watch everyone get hit with paint. We danced around with everyone and they kept spraying paints and playing music. They then emptied a big bag of confetti and balloons out to the crowd. The stage was all decorated and they had decorated flags that they also let loose after the confetti. It was a blast and we stayed and danced until the paint was uncomfortable and we needed showers haha. The next day I went to the beach with my parents and my brother 
Andres. We stayed there all day and then in the night Danilelle came over and we had a barbeque with my family on our deck upstairs. We took chorrisos, hamburgers, and cheese on sticks, all really good food! Sunday my family and me went to Jockey and had Pizza Hut, and then went to a movie! My first movie in Peru! It was called- Duro de matar-Hard to Kill. It was an action movie so I enjoyed it a lot! It was in 3 different languages and I am very happy to say I understood all of it-Russian, Español, y Ingles. It was another amazing weekend in Perú 
and I cant wrap my mind around how long I have been here and how much longer I have! This week has been crammed with examens and I learn more and more everyday. Speaking is the hardest part because there is so many ways to say the same thing. I hope to figure it out soon enough. I can understand a lot though which is extremely exciting, now its just putting it together in my head! This week I met some more of my family here, my cousins and aunts and uncles, all extremely nice people and we also celebrated my cousin's birthday! I love how everyone has a lot of family time here, something I wish people in the states did more. Puesssss, Hasta Luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment