Tuesday, January 15, 2013

11 days--> feels like Months!!

Time flies when your having fun ;)

Even though I have only been here for 11 days it feels like months!! I have been enjoying all of the interesting food iv been eating and spending time at the beach. The beach is my favorite place to go and it is so beautiful. I got in the first time on sunday and it was freezing but my brother and sister made me go under! The sand was SCORCHING hot and to get to the water we had to run and use our pareo's to walk on. On Saturday me and Danielle went with my sister with some of her friends to a party and we got emerged into fast speaking spanish. It was crazy and I felt like my brain was going to explode. When we were on our way home we ended up getting pulled over but for no reason. It is different here and when they pull people over it is more for getting money out of them. To figure out where they wanted us to pull over, my sisters friend in the front rolled down her window and asked, "Donde?" and they communicated while driving? I can honestly say it was one of the weirdest experiences I have ever had with the police! 
So far school has been really fun but very busy and I am constantly thinking in spanish and trying to work on homework and explore this beautiful place! We are going on our first field trip with my grammar teacher and our class this Saturday!! Leaving at 6 am and heading out to the Andes Mountains :) I am so excited and I can not wait for this weekend. Also friday morning I will be learning how to surf!! I am so nervous but I think it will be a good experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment