Tuesday, January 8, 2013

La Comida está Muy Rica !!





My first real day in Peru! I was given breakfast and a spot at the table. I thought it was cool how they have certain places where everyone knows where to sit! For breakfast I had bread with no crust- awesome, a coffee that was just water, coco, and some milk...really good, and then I had bread with butter and marmalade. I ate really late because everyone else was already done with breakfast by the time I woke up and they were eating other things. They have a maid and I met her and her name is Paulina. She comes every M W F. and on the weekends. We were having my grandma come over today and my cousin. so she was preparing lunch for us all. Once they came over we sat and talked and talked and I showed them my family back home and we ate lots of food. 


Also I went to go exchange money for the first time and that was fun and yet very confusing! After lunch and talking we went to go to Larco Mar which is a big shopping center that overlooks the beach and sea. You chould see poeple surfing and hanging out and everything was outside even the restaurants most of them. We eat at different times and that day ate at 4-8. a snack at a cafe! I only had "ChiCha"  which was made out of sweet corn and other things and it was tasty, tasted like bubble gum and thunder-punch!! like in Kearney! After we looked at stores and ate we came home and the mom prepared dinner but I was still full from lunch. Our lunch was a bean/cheese salad which was a typical peruvian plate, with an entree of pescado with yellow rice and beans, lemon juice, y an onion sauce.  Afterwards we had Sublime! Their best icecream brand that they always top with Fudge dressing!. We stayed up and talked all night and then decided to go to bed for tomorrow was my birthday!!----Also met my second
brother today! Jaime. Things are going well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment