Tuesday, January 22, 2013

HMK and FUN overload....


I have no idea where time has gone but every time I look at the date, it is flying by! I have done so much here in my time that I constantly feel busy! School is going very well, lots of spanish and my brain hurts everyday from trying to listen and learn and speak Spanish! We have had all of our planning classes with Marta and we have finally decided that we are going to the AMAZON-JUNGLE! I have never been so excited before. We also decided on going to Arequipa and a bunch of other little trips with our class. This weekend we are going to The Andes mountains to hike around and see a waterfall! We also are going to eat this Thursday at a restaurant tht is on the ocean! We have many trips planned and being planned, and I can not wait to experience everything! The food is still amazing here and I wish we had more of it everyday in the U.S. This past weekend was a fun time because I finally learned how to surf! Me and my sister had both never been before and it only cost 25$ for the wet suit, shoes, a teacher, and a surf board! It was well worth it and a great experience. Before you can get on the board they make you stretch, watch them demonstrate, have you demonstrate what you learned and when to jump up on your board, and then run you into the ocean. Going into the ocean and getting out of the ocean were the scariest parts for me. When going in they make you hold on to their arm and run down the rock beach because you have to enter with your board as the waves are going out. Coming in is a whole different story that I did not catch up on because when I came into the shore I crashed into all the rocks because a wave took me in and I didn't jump off my board! It was very scary and very funny after I jumped up from my crash. Everyone was asking if I was okay but I have no regrets and I only ended up with a bruise on my leg! The next day we had a BBQ at one of the Clubs my family belongs to, and we had chorriso and my first hamburger here! Everything seems to be going well, the nightlife is really fun for me because everyone here likes to dance! I learned some new salsa moves and met a lot of new people! Conversing is hard but if you just try it most of the time they understand what you are saying :) Also this weekend I got a chance to see the wonderful Colored Fountains!! I cant quite remember the name but we went there with our new Peruvian friends from school :) It was a fun time and after we saw the water show we went and ate at a Chinese restaurant! I have enjoyed my time here so far and slowly getting better at spanish I think. I can understand it more and more everyday and I swear I learn 50,000 new words everyday, but in reality they are just synonyms for other words I already know...weird. Off to do more of my enjoyable homework, write again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment