Wednesday, January 9, 2013

UPC!! My New School :)


We had a tour at 10:00 am to get a feel of the campus and meet some of our instructors. 
They showed us everything on campus and the gym is a whole different buildning and we had to walk out of UPC to get to it.They have a big workout area and big courts where you could play soccer, basketball, dance, whatever you want! After we had the tour we were free to do whatever we wanted until class at 2:00. I went home to eat lunch with my family and we had pollo de la reina for lunch and then back to school I went. Our first class on Monday was with Marta so the class was in english which was nice. After class we walked around and went with our class to JOCKEY mall. We had to take 2 combis to get there, which were little clown busses...danielle body slammed me and it was packed and impossible to hold on but a very funny experience. When you are in there you are very close to everyone so its kind of awkward but something you have to get used to. Once we got to the mall it took FOREVER to get a phone...it was a very different experience to get one and we had to go and walk three different places once we had purchased one. The place where we agreed to get one, a different place to pay for one, and then finally receiving the phone at a different place! Once we figured everything out I got my first little phone and we traveled back to UPC and  from there I walked home. At night time it was kind of scary to walk alone but nevertheless I made it!  After i got home i talked with my family and we had a tamale and a piece of cake ! The next day was my class of Gramaticas....and it was very intimidating. I was so nervous but I made it through. We received a big book of our homework and worked on assignment and played different games in class. We are not to speak any English so it is really hard if we do not understand. I am going to try and study every night a little bit at a time so that I will get better at it! My sister also said that she would help me with my homework if I needed it ! I let my family look at my travel guide books and my mom went and brought me a little beanie hat so that I could wear it when we go to Cusco! Its a very Peruvian hat and it is knitted with the word PERU on it and also llamas ! :) Cant wait to go on all of our class field trips !

No comments:

Post a Comment