Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My first footsteps in PERU



Finally arrived here in peru! Leaving Omaha was a challenge saying goodbye to sister and family!! The plane ride to Houston texas was freezing...I had to sit in 1A front of the plane that was soooo tiny and it was freezing up by the opening and pilots area. I tried to sleep a little but my feet froze off. After we arrived in Houston we went to find our gate on our ticket for the Peru flight! Once we saw it we realized that we were starving...so we decided to get Subway before we went to our gate. Then we looked at the flights and our gate was changed to an E gate and that required us to take the little train outside another time because we were on the total opposite side. We get there and it is a mob of people and they were saying dirrecions in spanish and english. We had to get out our passports and get ready for our 6 hour flight :) Once we got on the plane it was HUGE...first class was like a bedroom for each person. Our seats were really nice and we recieved---pillows, blankets, a touch screen info/music/MOVIES/tv shows TV screen in front of us. We also got pretzels for snacks and a beef dinner. Once we got close me and Dani were looking out the window ..it was dark but we could see tons and tons of lights with sand mountains in beteween them! Scared. Once off the plane we had to go through customs and have our paperwork with us for entering Peru. We had our paperwork and our passports and went through a long line. We had to get these shopping cart things to carry our luggage in and then had to go through another long line of customs to have our baggage go through secruity to get out into the airport to find our familys. Once through there we went through doors and into HUGE crowds of poeple with signs held up everywhere....we were both searching for our names on the signs and finally i heard LANISA!! I saw my new mama, papa, y one of my brothers, Andres! Also Marta our professor. She gave me her phone number and I went to find my family through the crowd. They gave me hugs and kisses and spanish was spoken from then on! It was crazy and we walked outside and the father put my bags in the car (stick shift) and we arrived home. Home was an appt. but looked like a big condo. I have my own room and closet with a little T.V and everything. After I settled in I got a quick tour of the house! It was amazing and the upstairs/out doors was cool and it has a grill and party room ! I was so tired but we had champagne with cheese and bread. After we went to bed and I slept till noon! It was a great first day :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment