Thursday, January 24, 2013

TASTE OF NEBRASKA ;)

As much as I can say that I love Peru and all of its amazing and interesting foods, it is nice and refreshing to find and see places that I recognize as American! Today for lunch my father asked if I wanted un plátano (banana) and I was very excited and after he gave it to me he handed me maple syrup and motioned me to cut it up and drizzle it on top. I thought it was the weirdest thing I have ever seen but it was amazing...Also today after advance conversation class we decided that we wanted to go eat something as a class and what better 5 star restaurant to go to then MCDONALDS. And like I said as much as I love all of this new cultured food, it was very nice to know and taste a little Nebraska. It was a great way to kick off the weekend, and I am very excited because tomorrow morning we are going with one of my professors to the Iglesia de San Fransico on a metro! I will be needing my rest though because saturday we are hiking our lives away and going to a place called Catarata de Matucana! It will be very fun and I will get to see beautiful mountains and a waterfall :) Could not of asked for a better experience !!

No comments:

Post a Comment